HBK Engineering is searching for a Front Desk Receptionist, who has an interest in working in a fast-paced engineering office. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and a wide range of growth opportunity.
This position offers the opportunity to be a part of an office support and facilities team at our Iowa City office, supporting administrative office activities and support needs of HBK employees, including engineers, designers and field crews. The candidate selected for this position would be responsible for managing all general front desk activities, coordinating office overhead services and related activities, planning travel and travel related activities for key staff members, and a variety of other administrative activities.
- Support a friendly and efficient guest experience as the main representative at the front desk.
- Answer the main office phone line and direct calls to employees and other offices as needed.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Schedule appointment and maintain and update appointment calendars.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Coordinate office activities and facilities, including the reception area, incoming and outgoing mail.
- File and maintain records.
- Provide information about HBK, such as location or departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain reception area.
- Coordinate with the facilities team on purchases of office supplies, office furniture, office equipment and other office needs for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Schedule space or equipment for special programs and prepare lists of participants.
- Perform facilities day-to-day operations.
- Participate as needed in special department projects.
- Track and administers office wide employee programs (examples: Gift Card Tracking, etc.).
- Coordinate client meetings and internal meetings (greeting, ordering lunch, etc.).
- Perform other general clerical/administrative support duties as needed.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- 2 years of customer service or administrative experience
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work independently.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.