HBK Engineering is searching for a Permitting Coordinator. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
The Permitting Coordinator role is designed to assist with day-to-day company operations related to the permitting department. This position involves supporting the Permitting team in administrative duties, organizing, tracking, applying for and obtaining permits from governing agencies for construction installation and engineering design projects. This role also involves considerable internal coordination amongst various client teams.
- Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies acting as a liaison for clients. (i.e. County, IDOT, Alderman’s Offices, City of Chicago).
- Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates, and assist with any issues.
- Coordinate with Project Managers regarding construction schedules and permit requirements.
- Manage permit expirations and renewals and coordinate with Contractors.
- Organize and track all permits.
- Coordination insurance certificates for particular projects.
- File proper paperwork required to obtain Permits.
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- 5+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word).
- Ability to Multi-task.
- Must be proactive and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.