HBK Engineering is searching for a Mechanical Engineer with a Professional Engineer license, preferably with experience in the natural gas industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing natural gas facilities.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Perform analysis to correctly size pipe, pumps / compressors and storage facilities.
- Read and interpret calculations, technical drawings, schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate mechanical and pipeline facilities, equipment, systems and processes to meet client requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Confer with engineers or other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system problems and provide technical information.
- Prepare, maintain and update design basis and assist with the project planning, scheduling, and man-power estimates.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Prepare cost estimates including material, equipment, and labor costs.
- Develop specifications and drawings for construction feasibility.
- Develop and review pipeline project drawings (Typical Details and Site Specific Designs)
- Prepare bid documents for material, equipment, and construction.
- Consult with construction personnel, concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Interface with the client’s technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks.
- Review of Pipeline Alignment Sheets.
- Perform and check Pipeline Mechanical Design Calculations.
- Bachelor Of Science in Mechanical Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution.
- Professional Engineer license.
- Distinct experience and strong background in pipeline installation engineering.
- 7 – 10 years of experience in engineering and construction in the pipeline industry.
- Possess knowledge of local and federal pipeline safety regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation a plus.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen