HBK Engineering is searching for a Senior Project Manager/Program Lead. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a team that supports underground facility construction activities with the purpose of damage prevention and facility protection of utility infrastructure. The Senior Project Manager will organize, manage, direct and execute the financial structure of a team responding to a major customer. This individual is responsible for managing staff, providing leadership, and assessing project deadlines and financial expenditures for large-scale engineering projects.
- Oversee daily operations of subsurface utility engineering (SUE) projects.
- Responsible for development of project scopes, project estimating, tracking project budgets and invoicing.
- Responsible for assembling, managing and directing a project team including office and field resources.
- Responsible for client interaction and coordination of quality assurance.
- Responsible for creating and implementing a plan for a given set of projects or a large scale project effort.
- Responsible for reviewing current and interviewing prospective employees.
- Responsible for communication and coordination across the organization to support project-level activity and the overall program goals.
- Applicable Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the engineering, design or construction fields.
- Previous demonstrated ability to manage large engineering, design or construction projects.
- Demonstrated ability for the development of project scopes, interaction with clients, developing and tracking project budgets, invoicing and coordination of the quality assurance.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Ability to prepare written estimates and knowledge of contracts.
- Ability to adhere to strict safety regulations.
- Ability to maintain and implement policies.
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Knowledge in common computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Project financial skills.
- Thorough understanding of ASCE 38-02.
- Excellent communication skills, reliable, trustworthy, with focus on attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills to be able to handle many varied tasks at once.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe worksite practices.
- Experience with the construction and installation of below grade infrastructure.
- Experience working within and utilizing existing utility standard designs.
- Experience with complex urban underground utility infrastructure.
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison.
Valued but not Required Skills and Experience:
- Professional engineering license preferred.
Location: Greater New York City Area; May require travel throughout the East Coast.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.