HBK Engineering is searching for a Survey Field Lead. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth opportunity.
The position is responsible for leading a two to three person field crew which will gather field survey measurements using Total Station or GPS survey equipment. This individual will work directly with the safety manager and project managers to meet the needs of HBK’s field services.
- Conducts surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the surface and underground.
- Adjusts and operates surveying instruments such as Total Station and GPS survey equipment.
- Records survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings and sketches.
- Searches for section corners, property irons, and survey points.
- Positions and holds vertical rods, or targets that Total Station operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Lays out grids and/or determines horizontal and vertical controls.
- Compares survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
- Lies out and recovers stakes, marks, and other monumentation.
- Leads a survey group consisting of a (2) person survey crew.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Three (3) years of surveying experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- Construction experience.
- Surveying experience.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Experience with infrastructure, utility, and/or construction projects.
- Knowledge of total station survey equipment and GPS survey equipment.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and public right-of-ways.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
Tools and equipment used:
- Robotic total station
- Motor vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- GPS rover
- Measuring wheel
- Metal detector
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites, public streets and parkway
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, kneel, and squat on a daily basis – minimal frequency of kneeling and squatting
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate surveying equipment and measurements
- Work safely outside in all weather conditions year round.
- Frequently work in excavations areas and roadways.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate to loud.
- May be required to work nights or weekends.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.