HBK Engineering is searching for an Associate Manager, preferably with experience in the civil engineering design. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
Within the HBK Organization, an Associate Manager’s role has oversight of the day to day management and development of professional engineers and non-professional engineering support staff, the delivery and execution of project work at a senior level, maintenance of existing client relationships and the development of new client relationships. An Associate Manager’s role requires an advanced understanding of both the technical and financial aspects of HBK’s work.
- Coach, mentor and lead team members.
- Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables.
- Development and monitoring of project execution plans to reconcile scope, financials and schedule constraints and ensure project success.
- Work with team to identify all project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Ensure adherence to Safety and Quality Assurance processes, resulting in the highest quality deliverables to our clients.
- Monitor project assignments to normalize workload across the staff.
- Communicate effectively both within immediate team and across HBK Leadership team.
- Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results.
- Attract and retain premiere talent through recruiting, mentoring, training and other employee development activities.
- Provide positive leadership and teambuilding which will encourage employee engagement and maintain high morale.
- Understand and ensure all contracts and payment terms, proposals, schedules and budgets are adhered to and agreed upon prior to deliverable completion.
- Lead and manage projects’ productivity, quality, and progress.
- Support and direct project managers, project engineers, and assistants in planning, scheduling, and implementation of designs.
- Manage the deliverables through positive client relationships and make recommendations based on your professional education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Previous senior project management experience
- Successful client management experience
- Proven experience leading large scope projects and teams of people
- Professional Engineer License
Valued skills and experiences:
- Master’s degree in related field
- Experience with the planning and/or design of civil or utility infrastructure projects is desired
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Past experience using AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Deltek system
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.