HBK is searching for a Civil 3D Designer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position performs CADD Drafter or Designer duties in AutoCAD or MicroStation. The candidate selected for this position will be working with civil infrastructures such as utilities, roads and site development.
- Prepare civil engineering drawings, site plans, construction plans, and design details utilizing computer aided drafting software and methods.
- Use AutoCAD 3D to operate, draft and design utility infrastructure.
- Perform assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD drafting techniques in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepare engineering and construction drawings, using computer aided drafting and design techniques from:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Field sketches
- General engineering and design information
- Perform design tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Perform related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- An Associate’s degree or related technical certificate
- Minimum 2+ years of experience
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD 3D
- Design experience with the following:
- Grading plans
- Paving plan/profiles
- Utility plan/profiles
- Construction staking layout
- Municipal design and site development experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail
- Possesses a strong work ethic
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.