HBK is searching for a Designer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position performs CADD Drafter or Designer duties in AutoCAD. The candidate selected for this position will be working with civil infrastructures such as utilities, subsurface utility, and site development.
- Uses CAD to operate, draft and design utility infrastructure in AutoCAD.
- Performs assignments requiring the application of fundamental CADD drafting techniques in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepares engineering and construction drawings, using computer aided drafting and design techniques from:
- Topographical survey data
- Utility atlas information
- Drafting construction drawings and permits from GPS data sets and/or field sketches
- General engineering and design information
- Performs design tasks as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Performs related engineering support tasks, which are not completely standardized or prescribed.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Autodesk’s AutoCAD software program or an Associate’s degree or related technical certificate.
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous utility design experience preferred
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel).
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail.
- Possesses a strong work ethic.