HBK Engineering is searching for a Desktop Support Technician. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
As a Desktop Support Technician, you will be part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical PC hardware and software support for over 400 employees. The Desktop Support Technician will respond to IT tickets, trouble reports, and personally visit employees to troubleshoot the nature of the problem and take the necessary course of action to resolve it.
- Provide quality technical service to end users.
- Assist in maintenance of software licensing, configuration settings, operating systems, security updates, computer upgrades, major and minor software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and correct hardware and software issues.
- Monitor office network and internet connectivity to ensure all network environments are operational.
- Assist in maintenance of network/server equipment and network security.
- Provide email support to end support.
- Assist with coordinating technical projects including telephone, wireless, audio/video setup.
- Carry out other IT duties, including reporting and documentation.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience or training.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems including Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 365.
- Familiarity with Apple and Android devices.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related technologies.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN connectivity.
- Printer, wireless, Audio/video troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out remote work to completion.
- Ability to travel locally.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Associate’s degree or higher.
- Familiarity with operating systems.
- Experience with MDM tool is a plus
Travel: Travel between HBK offices, as needed
Primary Location: Chicago, IL
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.