HBK Engineering is searching for a licensed professional Electrical Engineer, with building design, construction, operations, and maintenance knowledge and experience. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.
- Design and execute commercial and industrial building projects, from the conceptual phase through commissioning.
- Coordinate with a design team in the preparation of CAD/REVIT drawings of building/architectural plans, sections, and details.
- Perform electrical power distribution design including coordination with local utilities.
- Complete design calculations and load letters for local utilities.
- Device and fixture selection and specifications.
- Lighting plans (exterior and interior) including Photometric Design.
- Power feed design to required equipment (including dedicated circuit design.)
- Research, evaluate, and design building electrical systems and processes to meet client requirements.
- Assist with project planning, scheduling, and preparation of construction cost estimates including material, equipment, and labor costs.
- Prepare Bill of Material, specifications, and bid documents for material, equipment, and construction.
- Consult with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing and scheduling of construction activities.
- Carry out client interaction and business development of Electrical services.
- Coordinate and interact with HBK building services team and partnered Architects.
- Interface with the client’s technical personnel on specific project design items or tasks.
- Perform and check design calculations.
- Review contractor technical submittals.
- Review vendor drawings and bids to determine compliance with specifications and standards.
- Provide technical oversight of field installation and construction support.
- Provide technical input on change management topics.
- Bachelor of Science in engineering from ABET accredited institution.
- Distinct experience and strong background in building design and construction (commercial preferred).
- 3 – 7 years of industry experience.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in the State of Iowa.
- Knowledge of industry-specific design (i.e. NEC, IFC, IRC, IBC), construction, and safety regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (meetings, reporting, and presentations).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Capable of delegating work tasks to individuals and teams and overseeing project teams.
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Visual 3D lighting design software.
Travel: Travel will be dependent on client needs but is expected to be minimal.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.