HBK Engineering is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals for 2019 Summer Engineering Intern positions in the Telecommunications, Power, Gas, Infrastructure, and Services sectors. Our firm offers an excellent learning environment for students allowing them to gain hands-on field and design experience. Engineering Interns at HBK are considered an integral part of the company and are provided with tasks that are both technically challenging and educationally stimulating.
This position offers the opportunity to be part of a project team consisting of professional engineers, project engineers and designers who are involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Work with a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Perform designs for utility infrastructure using subsurface utility engineering (“SUE”) guidelines.
- Perform designs for civil site grading and drainage.
- Assist in leading efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s engineering degree from an accredited institution with at least one-year of post-secondary education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer application software (training will be provided if needed)
- Organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience.
- Involvement on campus or in the community.
- Flexible and able to work overtime when required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Surveying experience.