HBK Engineering is searching for a Structural Engineer, preferably with experience in the utility industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Act as part a project team consisting of professional engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Perform and manage diversified tasks through the life cycle of projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, calculations, technical drawings, schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Apply engineering theories, techniques and analysis to structural and geotechnical engineering designs.
- Work on building foundations; deep shaft and trench excavation temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Perform calculations and prepare sketches and/or AutoCAD drawings for design operations.
- Conduct Structural investigations, field inspections and engineering analysis.
- Conceptualize and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Civil/Structural engineering required
- 0 to 3 Years of experience
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry design codes including AISC, ASCE, UBC and IBC required.
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of structural engineering
Valued skills and experience:
- M.S. Degree in Structural engineering required with EI or PE
- 2 to 5 years of experience.
- Structural design experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of temporary construction systems, geotechnical engineering, soil and rock mechanics, earthquake engineering, and groundwater hydrology
- Prior internship experience is a plus.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.