HBK Engineering, LLC (HBK) is searching for a Human Resources Generalist. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
As part of the Human Resources Team you will participate in key HR initiatives including staffing/recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation/benefits, employee development and engagement. You will partner with and provide strategy and consultation to our management team across the organization.
This role will have a heavy emphasis on recruitment of both exempt and non-exempt positions. Prior college recruitment experience desired, but not required. Some travel will be required for this role.
- Identify recruiting needs, prepare and post jobs, develop sources of qualified candidates; facilitate screening/selection of applicants with management, prepare offer letters and schedule onboarding.
- Provide guidance to employees and managers regarding workplace policies and practices, legal interpretations and HR initiatives
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate.
- Provide compensation and benefit information including answering questions.
- Recommend, develop, implement and communicate HR policies and procedures.
- Create standard and ad hoc management reports.
- Engage and support the leaders of multiple site populations in all employee relations, staff development and management support. Travel between the Chicagoland offices.
- Participate in administration of HRIS, payroll and benefits processes.
- Work with HR team members in performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years of HR generalist, recruitment and or compensation/ benefits experience
- Must have knowledge of employment regulations (DOL, EEOC, etc)
- Knowledge of full life cycle recruiting process
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work with student, non-exempt to Executive positions
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficiency in HRIS systems
- Strong communication and interpersonal ability, both written and verbal
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.