HBK Engineering is searching for a Manager of Field Engineering and Survey
This individual will manage all field operations, standards and training. This position will be responsible for building this area of the business, including assisting in expanding our current survey offerings. This individual will interface with field staff, managers, engineers, and support staff from all levels of the company to complete the work.
- Manage and mentor survey field staff.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly field schedule of company field crews consisting of surveyors, field technicians, and field leads.
- Provide training to field staff.
- Work with Project Managers to incorporate schedule updates as they occur on an hourly/daily basis.
- Prepare quarterly projection of resource needs for field crews and equipment.
- Review other external (owner/client/sub consultant/contractor) schedules, as directed by internal company Program Management.
- Actively participates in company resource meetings with Project Managers.
- Assist in RFP process and new business development.
- Market HBK’s services.
- Provide professional coordination and expertise related to the work of field survey crews and office staff to support work requests.
- Procure necessary research for survey projects.
- Prepare calculations for field crews.
- Give specific direction and guidance to field crews.
- Prepare project budgets, proposals and technical reports.
- Ability to represent projects at planning, client and municipal meetings.
- Oversee field survey, including on-site management as-needed.
- Review and certify completed survey work.
- Direct the writing of land descriptions and maps in accordance with standard surveying practices.
- Interpret and review engineering plans and drawings.
- Create field and safety guidelines handbook.
- Minimum of 5-8 years progressive experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- Current Illinois Professional Land Survey License (PLS) and ability to obtain licensure in other state.
- Professional communication with clients.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Flexibility to work in the office and field.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Total Station, GPS.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Current PLS Licensure in other states, such as Iowa and Pennsylvania.
- Current Illinois Professional Engineer License (PE).
Primary Location: Chicago, IL (preferred but not required).
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.