HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Professional Engineer with project management experience. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Lead project team in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility design work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Coordinate subcontractor work
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for proposed utility infrastructure including underground electric, overhead electric, water, wastewater, telecommunications and gas utilities.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Communicate with client representatives, governing entities and facility owners
- Coordinate design activities for compliance with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Research available equipment and proven pre-engineered systems to utilize for the execution of required project designs.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License in Maryland with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of project management experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/ or MicroStation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong attention to detail
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction experience.
- Knowledge of Power Distribution.
- Professional Engineering License in Pennsylvania
Location: Baltimore, MD
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.