HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Transportation/Civil Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems as part of large scale transportation projects.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Coordinate utility relocation efforts on behalf of Chicago area agencies or utility infrastructure owners.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License in IL with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required.
- 4-10 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or MicroStation.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Construction and/or survey experience.
- Experience leading and mentoring less experienced staff.
- Utility design and/or coordination experience.
- Experience in leading an engineering design team through all phases of project designs.
- Familiarity with Chicago area agencies and Municipalities such as IDOT, CDOT, and ISTHA.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.