HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Analyst who has an interest in working in fast paced engineering office. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and a wide range of growth opportunity.
- Invoice support and Contracts Payment Authorization tracking summary and outstanding payment status / issues, and review them for accuracy.
- Able to work as a team member on a diverse technical team involved in the engineering design and construction of utility infrastructure.
- Track sub-contractor and Minority/Women Owned Business Enterprises participation on projects and work to ensure timely and accurate invoicing along with tracking and reporting spend.
- Track and report on historical spends per area of concentration and overall client spends.
- Track and report on daily, weekly and monthly full time equivalent (FTE) summaries including actual and projected compared to availability.
- Reconcile and recommend resolution for report discrepancies and problems.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Maintain financial reports and records to ensure compliance with annual internal and external audits.
- Assist with project accruals and forecasts in support of project managers.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Monitor program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis.
- Compute and record charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges rentals and similar items.
- Coordinate and prepare pertinent information for external accounting firm and auditors.
- Code data for input to financial systems according to company’s procedures.
- Develop, maintain and improve tracking metrics by area of concentration.
- Provide cost analysis support per the director, manager of projects, project managers, contractors and other key team members.
- Develop and monitor budgets for transmission, industrial customer and distribution projects and programs.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization issues early and develop resolutions to meet project metrics.
- Assist with miscellaneous Accounts Receivable items as they relate to company ERP system, Deltek Vision.
- Business degree or equivalent required (Bachelor of Science degree preferred).
- 0-3 years’ experience budgeting, forecasting, accruals, etc.
Essential skills and experience:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous experience working in Deltek Vision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able work independently on day-to-day tasks.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Prior accounting experience.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.