HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Coordinator. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.
The individual for this role shall be responsible for interaction with clients, the adherence to project scopes, scheduling and coordination of field, design, and permitting work, review of / adherence to budgets, support of Project Managers, and tracking various statuses within the appropriate project management tools. This individual shall work under the guidance of an Engineer and/or a Project Manager. The role requires an individual that is able to effectively interface with internal leadership, clients, direct reports, contractors, and other team members.
- Able to work as a team member on a diverse technical team involved in the engineering design and construction of utility infrastructure.
- Develop, maintain, and improve tracking metrics related to project design and permitting progress such as permit submittals, design and review statuses, client deliverable submittals, and other metrics related to the project (both internal HBK metrics and the client’s metrics).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teammates.
- Provide support to project team leadership through assistance with project forecasts and analytics.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization concerns early and develop resolutions to meet the required project metrics.
- Monitor program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances, and report on month over month variance analysis as required. Assist project manager with invoicing.
- Review external schedules such as those belonging to the owner, client, contract resources, and construction partners.
- Monitor and maintain schedules with the project team in order to meet or exceed client deadlines.
- Develop and improve non-technical program/project procedural documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, statistics or communication related majors.
- Previous administration, project coordination, or data analysis experience.
- The ability to solve complicated problems by breaking them down into manageable steps and applying project management methodologies.
- Able to work independently on day-to-day tasks and the ability to prioritize efforts based on deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and successfully achieve objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with excellent organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- The ability to use software to track project performance in an organized and clear manner for internal and external use.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills demonstrated through experience working in multi-disciplinary project teams.
- A strong desire for career progression while also assisting in the growth of the program.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability and willingness to learn new Microsoft Office 365 apps for project management purposes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, IF formulas, PowerBI) is a plus.
- Programming skills are a plus.