HBK is searching for a Geotechnical Engineer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- The person in this position will work on a variety of consulting projects involving traditional geotechnical engineering analysis and designs related to:
- Shallow and deep foundations.
- Slope stability and earth stabilization.
- Bearing capacity.
- Settlement analysis.
- Earth and rock engineering.
- Horizontal Directional Drilling operations.
- Earth retention and excavation support systems.
- Dewatering operations.
- This position could include:
- Performing geotechnical computer modeling.
- Specifying investigation programs, testing protocols and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
- Overseeing on-site and in-laboratory material testing, and instrumentation installations.
- Conceptual and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Projects will focus on geotechnical design and analysis including the preparation of:
- Calculations and plans (including CADD work).
- Technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- The position will include field work such as:
- Construction observation.
- Subsurface investigations, in-situ testing, surveying, materials testing, and facility inspections.
- Managing selected project tasks for scope, schedule, and budget compliance.
- M.S. Degree in geotechnical engineering with additional coursework in structural engineering or rock mechanic preferred.
- PE registration required or in the process of examination for current students.
- 3 – 8 years of relevant work experience with traditional geotechnical engineering.
- Strong technical skills in a wide range of geotechnical analysis and design.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to modify personal schedule as required to meet project deadlines and/or client needs.
- Computer skills including CADD, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Geotechnical computer modeling capabilities.
Travel: Minimal travel required.
Primary Location: Chicago, IL or Oak Brook, IL
Other Location: Chicago, Van Burren Office
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.