HBK Engineering is searching for a Project Manager. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems as part of large scale transportation projects.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Coordinate utility relocation efforts on behalf of Florida area agencies or utility infrastructure owners.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of utility engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with sub-consultants, and clients.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredit institution.
- Professional Engineering License preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the transportation engineering, design or construction fields – an applicable graduate or doctoral level degree or professional certifications may be substituted for years of experience.
- Professional Engineering License required.
- Previous engineering, design or construction management experience with a focus on transportation.
- Ability to manage engineering, design or construction projects.
- Proficiency in Microstation or AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Construction experience.
- Utility experience is a plus.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.