HBK Engineering, LLC is searching for a
This position offers the opportunity to
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical support and advice on Management Accountant.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles.
- Relevant certification, CPA required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working within an accounting or finance team.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Awareness of business trends.
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant.