HBK is searching for a Senior Designer. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position performs CADD Design duties primarily in AutoCAD and MicroStation. The selected Senior Designer will perform a wide range of design tasks from basic to complex such as existing utility plan development, utility and electrical designs for construction, report preparation, and site inspection. This position will also be responsible for coordinating with engineers, other technicians and/or administrative staff.
- Collaborate with designers and engineers across sectors to develop and address issues with design drawings in coordination with civil, electrical, and structural projects.
- Utilize AutoCAD and MicroStation V8i blocks/cells and block/cell libraries.
- Suggest refinements and changes as necessary to meet the intent of the program.
- Revise plans based on redlined mark-ups.
- Develop and expand expertise and skill in approved CADD and MicroStation applications.
- Apply CADD and MicroStation expertise and skill in the development of detailed existing utility plan drawings in coordination with utility record plans.
- Maintain project electronic files and archives.
- Provide guidance in CADD and MicroStation techniques and expedients to team members.
- Develop design drawings that adhere to both HBK and client standards while following construction and material specifications.
- Schedule field and office work as necessary under direction and input from Sector Leads
- Responsible for design and review of all aspects of utility infrastructure components and facilities within the client’s standards and current operations.
- Coordinate with managers and staff in local offices and meet with client, government entities, and various other permitting agencies to fulfill excavation and environmental permit requirements.
- Work independently and with junior or intermediate level engineering team personnel on design and permitting tasks, and provides regular communication and updates to the Company’s project teams.
- Provide assistance and support during contractor procurement and bidding.
- Perform field work to perform construction inspection for compliance with company standards and review of industry safety measures and integrity management.
- Other related tasks as required.
- An Associate’s degree or related technical certificate.
- 10+ years of CADD detailing and/or drafting experience.
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Strong working knowledge of MicroStation.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Valued but not required skills experience:
- Construction experience.
- Utilities experience.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.