Senior Project Coordinator
HBK Engineering is searching for a Senior Project Coordinator. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
The individual for this role shall be responsible for the development of project scopes, scheduling and coordination of field and design work, interaction with clients, management of field and design staff, developing and tracking project budgets and invoicing as well as the coordination of quality assurance and coordination related to signing and sealing of design documents. This individual shall work under the guidance of an Engineer and/or a Project Manager and may manage a team of Field Technicians, Engineers and/or Project Coordinators. This individual would be expected to spend a majority of their time effectively interfacing with internal leadership, clients, direct reports, contractors and other team members. The individual will work under the guidance of Project Managers and/or Sector Leaders.
- Serve as primary liaison for project reporting between client, project team leadership and project team members.
- Able to work as a team member on a diverse technical team involved in the engineering design and construction of utility infrastructure.
- Coordination of pre-construction walk downs with internal design staff and HBK contractors-of-choice.
- Lead the development and maintenance of tracking metrics related to project design progress such as easement submittals, design and review status, permit submittals, pre-construction easement staking, permit acquisitions etc.
- Leading coordination efforts in carrying out project duties and tasks, coordinate project meetings, assist in gathering requirements, and maintain project information.
- Control expenditures to meet budget allocations.
- Provide support for the creation of proposals in a coordinated effort with and under the direction of project team leadership, contractors and other key team members
- Provide support to project team leadership through assistance with project accruals and forecasts.
- Identify project/program budget, forecast, and authorization concerns early and develop resolutions to meet the required project metrics.
- Monitor program financial risks and opportunities and provide detailed analysis of variances to budget, quarterly plan, and month over month variance analysis.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize field and design resources to maintain compliance with project and contract milestones.
- Review external schedules such as those belonging to the owner, client, sub-consultant and contractor.
- Develop, manage and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teammates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or other technical discipline.
- Experience with project reporting and financials.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the engineering, design or construction fields.
- Familiarity with power systems, distribution, telecommunications, or other utility, manufacturing or construction fields preferred.
- Proven and demonstrated the ability to support the management of engineering, design or construction projects.
- Strong excel experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Able work independently on day-to-day tasks.
- Able to manage resources and team with the assistance of Project Management support.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).