HBK Engineering is searching for a Structural Engineer with a Professional Engineer license, preferably with experience in the utility or transportation industry. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Lead a project team consisting of engineers, designers, and field personnel involved in the design, modification, analysis and constructability of new and existing utility systems, construction support systems, bridge and building systems.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of engineering and construction related issues.
- Prepare technical memos, reports, construction specifications and other written documentation.
- Perform and manage diversified tasks through the life cycle of projects.
- Read and interpret calculations, technical drawings, schematics, and reports.
- Assist drafters in developing the design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Apply engineering theories, techniques and analysis to structural and geotechnical engineering designs.
- Work on building foundations; deep shaft and trench excavation temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Analyze wood utility and metal streetlight poles utilizing existing software products
- Perform calculations and prepare sketches and/or AutoCAD drawings for design operations.
- Conduct Structural investigations, field inspections and engineering analysis.
- Conceptualize and value engineering with emphasis on constructability issues.
- Interface with clients, reviewing entities and multiple internal project teams.
- Travel Required as needed.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structural engineering required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer the State of Pennsylvania. Additional PE licenses in the states of New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware are of value.
- 5-10 years combined experience in structural engineering required.
- Experience managing complex structural engineering projects related to the utility industry.
- Experience managing complex technical teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of industry design codes including AISC, ASCE, and IBC required.
- Fundamental knowledge of principles of structural engineering, temporary construction systems, geotechnical engineering, and earthquake engineering, required.
- Fundamental knowledge of structural engineering.
- Ability to travel on occasion, on an as needed basis required.
Valued skills and experiences:
- M.S. Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering preferred.
- Consulting background preferred.
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.