HBK Engineering is searching for a Field Lead. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth opportunity.
The position is responsible for leading a two to three person field crew which will gather field survey measurements using Total Station or GPS survey equipment. This individual will work directly with the safety manager and office leadership to meet the needs of HBK’s field services.
- Conducts surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the surface and underground.
- Adjusts and operates surveying instruments such as Total Station and GPS survey equipment.
- Records survey measurements and descriptive data using notes, drawings and sketches.
- Searches for property corners and survey monuments.
- Positions and holds vertical rods, or targets that Total Station operators use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Lays out grids and/or determines horizontal and vertical controls.
- Compares survey computations with applicable standards to determine adequacy of data.
- Lay out and recovers stakes, marks, and other monumentation.
- Performs surveys of existing utility and/or street light poles utilizing total station, rangefinders, di-electric poles and/or GPS survey equipment.
- Perform manhole inspections.
- Perform construction layout.
- Ability to take detailed field notes and photographs.
- Ability to perform a level run.
- Leads a survey group consisting of a (2) person survey crew, and a (2) person training and technical support staff.
- Performs the duties of the surveyor responsible-in-charge of various surveys statewide, including:
- Geodetic / Project control
- Boundary surveys
- Coordinates survey crew activities; monitors progress of the survey, analyzes processing and adjustment results; and/or develops and files surveys with the county.
- Provides survey training and support for statewide field and office personnel.
- Develops and/or updates training and procedure manuals.
- Assists in developing standards and procedures for survey related issues.
- Develops and maintains liaison with project managers’ offices, region offices, design sections, and others to provide training and instruction in field survey procedures – including both conventional and electronic survey systems
- Works directly with survey crews to ensure proper and efficient use of automated survey equipment.
- Researches and develops new survey procedures for the utilization of automated survey equipment.
- Keeps abreast with advances in survey technology and/or acts as a source of information to field personnel.
- Three (3) years of survey experience is required.
- Bachelor degree is a plus.
- E.I.T./S.I.T Certification is a plus.
- Ability to travel (day trips or overnight) to surrounding states and work nights/weekends when required.
- Attention to jobsite safety.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PC knowledge and/or use and Microsoft Office Suite (Word / Excel) are preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
- Construction experience is a plus.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.