HBK Engineering is searching for a Survey Field Technician. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position is responsible for performing surveying duties, while work directly with crew chiefs, safety managers and project managers to meet the needs of HBK’s field services.
- Perform topographic surveys and construction staking.
- Understand the necessary steps to accurately level a robotic total station.
- Learn and understand HBK standards and survey codes.
- Operate and maintain data collectors.
- Support project teams in the execution of project engineering goals.
- Work under the direction of a Field Lead to gain a deeper understanding of surveying techniques and strategy.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to deal with extreme weather conditions
- Field experience.
- Self-motivated, proactive with good interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Experience with infrastructure, utility, and/or construction projects.
- Knowledge of total station survey equipment and GPS survey equipment.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and public right-of-ways.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Construction experience.
- Surveying experience.
Tools and equipment used:
- Robotic total station
- Motor vehicle
- Mobile Phone
- GPS rover
- Measuring wheel
- Metal detectors
- Physically capable of moving about on construction work sites, public streets and parkway.
- Capable of lifting up to 40lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit, kneel, and squat on a daily basis – minimal frequency of kneeling and squatting.
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate surveying equipment and measurements.
- Work safely outside in all weather conditions year round.
- Frequently work in excavations areas and roadways.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate to loud.
- May be required to work nights or weekends.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.