HBK Engineering is searching for a Talent Acquisition Specialist to be based out of our Chicago area offices. This position will be responsible for providing high volume, full life-cycle recruitment & other various HR general duties to support our operations for staffing across the US. The role will entail administering the recruiting process from posting positions through onboarding, which includes creating job postings, active and passive candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, pre-employment checks, scheduling interviews, compliance, extending offers and follow up after hire. Our firm offers a professional work environment, project team approach, excellent benefits, competitive salary, and growth potential.
- Work with the Recruitment lead to develop/coordinate special recruitment and HR related projects in areas such as internal referral programs, experienced hire events, internship programs, etc.
- Collaborate with the organizations management teams to compile a consistent recruitment strategy.
- Persuasive and effectively write emails, job postings, and templates to attract candidates.
- Implement on-campus recruitment strategy & attend on-campus events.
- Attract and source suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates.
- Assess candidates' knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Negotiate offers to candidates and facilitating their pre -onboarding process.
- Running background checks and drug screens as required for positions.
- Completing reporting and paperwork for recruitment tracking, client specific badging and other new hires processes as needed.
- Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
- Participate in the facilitation of employee trainings such as new hire orientation, sexual harassment training, etc.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Ability to travel amongst Chicagoland offices (occasionally others) and for campus recruitment as needed
- Support of other HR related projects, duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in HR or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in recruitment, preferably within engineering or utility related environments
- Successful track record of identifying exceptional talent while hitting aggressive growth metrics
- Excellent project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Extremely strong customer service and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent judgment in a range of situations, maturity and trustworthiness
- Experience with HRIS and ATS systems (e.g. ADP), Microsoft Office Applications with intermediate excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience using LinkedIn to recruit active and passive candidates
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.