HBK Engineering is searching for an experienced Telecommunications Engineering Specialist. Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
- Apply detailed knowledge of outside plant copper and fiber telecommunication designs.
- Consult with Clients, users, administrators and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for Outside Plant design.
- Manage teams of Engineers and Drafters to meet client driven schedules and expectations.
- Communicate with clients to set expectations and deliver project schedules and updates.
- Provide project management support to several projects simultaneously.
- Be responsible for Quality Control of telecommunication Outside Plant design.
- Train and develop staff in telecommunication design.
- Provide clear direction to staff based on sometimes ambiguous information provided from a variety of sources including field data, site observations and relevant sources. This includes providing judgement on non-routine problems to select the appropriate procedures and actions.
- Using computers and computer systems to set up functions and enter data or process information.
- Keep abreast of changes in industry practices and emerging telecommunications technology by reviewing current literature, talking with colleagues, participating in educations programs, attending meetings or workshops, or participating in professional organizations or conferences.
- Must have knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control and operations of telecommunications systems.
- Experience with Outside Plant drafting programs (Ares, Aramis, NDS preferred)
- Thorough working knowledge of AT&T systems including ACAS, ASAC, Granite and Mic.
- Must have knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards of services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Engineering, Networking or Telecommunications related bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry.
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.