This position offers the opportunity to be part of a team that supports underground utility locating for the purpose of damage prevention and facility protection of multiple utilities’ infrastructure.
The Utility Locate Dispatcher directs the flow of dig tickets through cloud-based dig ticket management software to locate teams and provides general assistance to the locate teams in the daily performance of their duties. The Utility Locate Dispatcher’s responsibilities include:
- Maintain, screen and route large volumes of dig tickets to the appropriate locator teams or representative.
- Verify ticket conflicts and dispatch emergency locate tickets.
- Create damage investigation tickets by coordinating with client and imputing data into custom forms.
- Monitor dig ticket applications.
- Monitor Damage faxes/email.
- Screen & Dispatch emergency, damage and no-show tickets in a timely manor.
- Report Ticket issues to client and/or contractor.
- Assist Team Leads with daily routing and work load balancing.
- Record and maintain files or processed tickets, emergencies, damage investigation requests or other dispatch information.
- Run weekly and monthly reports by exporting data from dig ticket management software and importing data into Excel.
- Assist safety team with daily needs and projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or GED; 2-year or 4-year degree a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Dispatching or similar experience working in a fast pace environment is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work smoothly with Public, Company, HBK Clients, Municipalities, contractor representatives, and customers.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management and coordination skills.
- The ability to work with team leads to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of safe worksite practices.
- Experience using communication and tech devices.
- Familiarity with utility maps and atlases, print reading.
Tools and equipment used:
- Windows Personal Computer including Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Dig Ticket Management Web Apps.
- Google Maps.
- Android or iOS Phone.
- Ability to sit for extended time periods.
- Data entry at a computer terminal.
- Shift is 10am – 6pm, M-F.
- Office environment.
- Required to participate in a rotational on-call service.
- May be required to work nights or weekends.
Job Location: Chicago, IL
HBK Engineering, LLC has a longstanding commitment to provide a safe and productive work environment. Employment at HBK is contingent upon background check and drug screen.