HBK's environmental team works with you to ensure your project’s environmental permitting and consultation needs are fulfilled.
Our construction-minded approach to permitting allow us to work with you to:
- Determine federal, state and local permits applicable to your project
- Prepare and submit thorough permit applications with a focus on constructability
- Coordinate with agencies to manage the permitting process
- HBK's experience in permit and/or consultation processes includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- Clean Water Act (CWA)
- Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
- Rivers and Harbors Act (RHA)
- Coastal Zone Management Act (CZMA)
- Clean Air Act (CAA)
- Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Projects inherently impact the environment. To offset unavoidable impacts to aquatic resources and/or threatened and endangered species, mitigation is often required by regulatory agencies.
With over 30,000 acres of mitigation established, HBK's environmental team has the history and knowledge to meet your mitigation needs. We do so by developing mitigation banking instruments, resource management plans and credit market analysis. In addition, we conduct project impact analysis, identify available credits, and implement, monitor and maintain onsite and offsite mitigation, as required by the permitting agency.